EVENT VENUE MANAGER
This position is best for someone that is looking to further their career in the hospitality and wedding and event industry. The ideal candidate is self motivated, dedicated and has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must work well and maintain a professional demeanor under pressure. Must strive to always give extraordinary customer service to guests onsite.
Assisting with duties related to internal and external events:
During Wedding Season – The Day Before the Wedding / Event: 2 hrs
- Prepare Bridal Suite
- Oversee wedding rehearsals onsite, making sure wedding party is taken care of while onsite and their questions are answered
During Wedding Season – The Day Of the Wedding / Event: 12+ hrs
- Tidy Ballroom (sweep if needed)
- Set up water station and pre-ordered items in Bridal Suite
- Check in with all vendors as they arrive, showing them where they must park and where they should set up
- Put out signs for guests; restroom and parking signs.
- Meet with the staff / parking staff; have a meeting going over the plan for the event
- Assist moving tables and chairs, set up bar area, etc if contracted to do so.
- Stay onsite from Noon (approx.) until event has concluded and vendors have fully cleaned up.
- Make sure vendors leave all Mambo Room items in their designated areas and trash is removed to proper dumpsters.
- Do final walk through with catering manager, checking off catering checkout list
- Turn off and lock facility
The Venue Manager would be responsible for:
- Composing and administering proposals, contracts and BEOs
- Responding to wedding and events inquiries
- Oversee sales process from inquiry to post-booking, including but not limited to:
- Responding to client with all basic wedding and event information
- Client Tours
- Walk-through appointments
- Contract & booking
- Act as Venue Manager the day of the event
- Follow-up and client maintenance through entire planning process
- Meeting annual sales goals and accurately tracking projections
- Helping to update and maintain all wedding and event sales collateral and wedding and events website
- Must be open to flexible hours; peak-season weekends and holidays required
- The candidate should be extremely personable, well organized and a self-starter.
- Weekend availability is required to accommodate client and event needs.
- This position requires you to work onsite at The Mambo Room 1 / 2 days out of the week.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hospitality & Customer Service – must be extremely perceptive and understand how to provide exceptional hospitality and customer service during sometimes-stressful situations.
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills – provide detailed information and guidance to current and potential clients. Provide regular communicating with owner using email, phone, and Google Docs.
- Clerical – candidate must have knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing own filing system, designing forms, and other office procedures including invoicing and collecting payment.
- Advertising & Marketing – assist owner with all aspects of wedding and event marketing and advertising.
- Food & Beverage – must have general knowledge of food, wine, and catering operations.
- Experience in menu creation, pricing, and using catering software for bookings and BEO creation desirable. This is a small but important role in the current position.
- 1-2 years experience in wedding and events sales or management OR 1-2 years experience in catering management
- Able to lift 35 pounds and function under pressure
- Able to deal with the public and solve problems that arise
- Able to deal with people who are under the influence of alcohol
- Able to manage staff and work in a team environment
- Able to work independently without supervision and take direction remotely
- This position is commission based. When a wedding or event is booked, a percentage of the booking fee will paid out to the employee.
- Exclusivity as the preferred day of planner onsite, if applicable – making additional income if the wedding party chooses your planning package.
- Send resume or inquiries to [email protected]